Essential skills and experience
- Experience delivering C4ISR/ICT digital programmes and projects in a complex maritime environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience in managing digital ICT services and their interdependent activities to enable naval and maritime outputs.
- Experienced in military and commercial satellite communications operations and planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of UK Government Departments and MoD structures and policies as they relate to the digital and information outcomes in the maritime domain.
- Experience developing and defining digital and cloud-based requirements to enable naval and maritime outcomes.
- Experience of cyber and security risk assurance assessment activities based on HMG policy in line with cabinet office procedures and the Cyber Essentials protocols.
- Experienced in the management of UK maritime radio licensing OFCOM regulations and relationship management.
- Demonstrate knowledge ITU Radio Regulations for maritime mobile services.
- Experience of maritime warfare and operations and its dependence on information and digital services.
- Experience in costing and cost management of data and information services.
- Experience of budgeting and budget planning in relation to digital and information requirements.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience managing digital communications services either directly within or in support of a maritime platform.
- Experience managing V/U/HF communication services in the maritime environment.
- Experience with the maritime development, delivery and management of Information.
- Exchange Requirements (IER)as part of generating naval ships and platforms for operations.
- Experience in the procedure for managing naval communications on a national, NATO and coalition basis.
- Qualified in project management.