Essential skills and experience
- Degree or relevant professional qualification (preferably in computer science or related subject) or relevant work experience demonstrating that level
- Significant experience in a technology post such as research, development, testing, network architecture, software or system administration or cybersecurity
- Up to date, expert knowledge of current trends and practices relating to the use of digital signatures, digital certificates, electronic seals, timestamps and other authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge of trust service concepts and practices
- Knowledge of threat and risk assessment processes and practices, as applied to information security
- Excellent analytical and research skills demonstrating an ability to identify emerging IT issues and technologies.
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel to meetings and events in the UK and overseas (possibly outside office hours).
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Substantial relevant experience in the field of trust services or electronic identification (Desirable)