Essential skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of installation and management of hardware (servers, storage, routers etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with Docker, Postgres, and installation and management containers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Git, Gitlab.
- Experience of setting up secured infrastructure within AWS (EC2s), RDS, VPCs, Subnets, Security Group, VPN Access, 2FA.
- Experience of setting up the CI/CD pipeline within AWS.
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: python, go, BASH.
- Knowledge of IDS, HIDS, NIDS and security hardening.
- Experience and knowledge of GNU/Linux.
- Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet/Ansible).
- Experience of designing and building the infrastructure in a data centre.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of windows server installation, management, patching, domain controller and HyperV.
- Experience of Vmware, creating, deploying virtual machines via Vmware on bare metal.
- Installing and setup windows and ubuntu virtual machines.
- Experience deploying, profiling, and debugging distributed systemsAbility to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services.
- Experience of IP Networking and physical networks.
- Experience of configuring and managing ELK.
- Fluent in English and have good communication skills in order to discuss high level requirements with stakeholders, as well as have low level technical discussions as required.
- Experience of installing, patching, managing Postgresql database clusters.
- Have existing valid SC/DV clearance.