Essential skills and experience
- Experience delivering C4ISR/ICT digital programmes and projects in a complex maritime environment.
- Experience providing Enterprise Architect outcomes designing solutions to meet user requirements using current and next generation digital technologies and resources.
- Contribute to and deliver High Level Design (HLD) solutions for digital outcomes ensuring that all relevant lines of development are considered.
- Experienced in application of MoD standards for ICT, information security, digital design, delivery, compliance, safety, maritime integration and operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience in managing digital ICT services and their interdependent activities to enable naval and maritime outputs.
- Ability to understand complex user and operational issues and provide options for resolution across a multi-stakeholder digital based environment spanning MOD, PAGs, and international partners.
- Evidence of delivery of complex digital programmes and projects to the vision and to time, cost and quality.
- Registered as a Chartered Engineer.
- Qualified and experienced as a Programme and Project Manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wider Government Departments/structures and awareness of maritime policy and departmental objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to deconflict capability outputs, delivery and resources with a full understanding of the potential political and operational impact.
- Experience of programme management of complex software change activities at the organisational level.
- Experience managing the delivery of Data science, engineering and analytics functions in a business environment.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience with national MDA digital technologies and programmes and the ability to rapidly deliver digital MDA solutions/capabilities to meet emerging needs.
- Understanding digital requirements for the wider maritime industry and their associated organisations/structures.
- Experience developing and defining digital and cloud-based requirements to enable naval and maritime outcomes.
- Experience in the preparation and operation of commercial frameworks for the provision of cloud services, digital outcomes, specialists and technical products and services.
- Experience managing teams delivering digital maritime engineering outcomes as head of department with charge responsibility in a complex sea-going or similar role.
- Experience of maritime digital and ICT installation, commissioning, assurance and acceptance and the related engineering and information compliance activities.
- Experience of producing reports, project reviews, and other written submissions iaw a recognised industry/HMG standards.
- Provide cyber and security assurance coordination activities and support the relationship with the Principle Security Advisor.