Essential skills and experience
- Experience delivering C4ISR/ICT digital programmes and projects in a complex maritime environment.
- Experience providing Enterprise Architect outcomes designing solutions to meet user requirements using current and next generation digital technologies and resources.
- Contribute to and deliver High Level Design (HLD) solutions for digital outcomes ensuring that all relevant lines of development are considered.
- Experienced in application of MoD standards for ICT, information security, digital design, delivery, compliance, safety, maritime integration and operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience in managing digital ICT services and their interdependent activities to enable naval and maritime outputs.
- Ability to understand complex user and operational issues and provide options for resolution across a multi-stakeholder digital based environment spanning MOD, PAGs, and international partners.
- Evidence of delivery of complex digital programmes and projects to the vision and to time, cost and quality.
- Registered as a Chartered Engineer.
- Qualified as a Programme and Project Manager.
- Provide digitally focused services as the Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA)
- Programme Manager/Enterprise Architect.
- Experience in MDA systems and operation, their world-wide exploitation and use by HMG departments, international civil and military partners, and inter-governmental organisations.
- Demonstrate understanding of cross-government security structures for Maritime Security and HMG use of MDA across a shared digital and operational environment to deliver a common operational picture.
- Demonstrate understanding of digital systems and capabilities that deliver MDA as an enabler for maritime security both nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrate understanding of HMG maritime security strategy and policy and how, through the exploitation of information and data, outcomes to meet these objectives can be derived and delivered.
- Demonstrate ability to represent HMG/MOD stakeholder interests at national and international meetings/forums where exploitation of information and data is discussed and how this enables UK national security objectives.
- Experienced of presenting to UK and international stakeholders, the digital, data and information dependencies necessary to enable coherent MDA outcomes.
- Hold a current DV.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Familiarity with the UK's and international partners' MDA digital research and development activities.
- Experience with national MDA digital technologies and programmes and the ability to rapidly deliver digital MDA solutions/capabilities to meet emerging needs.
- Understanding digital requirements for the wider maritime industry and their associated organisations/structures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the digital activities, structures and objectives of UK and international naval, shipping, intergovernmental, trade organisations and their interdependencies with MDA digital systems that underpin international maritime security.
- Experience in drafting international Memorandum of Understandings to underpin national agreements on digital information sharing and concepts of MDA collaboration.
- Experience managing teams delivering digital maritime engineering outcomes as head of department with charge responsibility in a complex sea-going or similar role.
- Experience of maritime digital and ICT installation, commissioning, assurance and acceptance and the related engineering and information compliance activities.
- Experience of producing reports, project reviews, and other written submissions iaw a recognised industry/HMG standards.