Essential skills and experience
- Experience delivering C4ISR/ICT digital programmes and projects in a complex maritime environment.
- Provide services to support the design of digital and information solutions to meet IW requirements using current and next generation technology and resources.
- Contribute to and deliver High Level Design (HLD) for digital and cloud solutions ensuring that all relevant lines of development are considered.
- Experienced in application of MoD standards for ICT, information security, digital design, delivery, compliance, safety, maritime integration and operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience in managing digital ICT services and their interdependent activities to enable naval and maritime outputs.
- Ability to understand complex digital and information based issues and provide options for resolution across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Evidence of delivery of complex digital programmes and projects to the vision and to time, cost and quality.
- Demonstrate experience managing digital programme and project approvals including business cases, financial appraisals and submissions to senior boards for scrutiny.
- Registered as a Chartered Engineer.
- Qualified and experienced as a Programme and Project Manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wider Government Departments/structures and awareness of maritime policy and departmental objectives.
- Experience of programme management of complex software change activities at the Department level.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience with in service maritime digital command system solutions, system engineering and system integration.
- Experience in all variants of in-service maritime command system digital data link technologies and solutions.
- Experience with NATO data link information exchange protocols.
- Familiar with maritime combat system design, sensor integration and data capture, process and digital information exchange.
- Experience developing and defining digital and cloud-based requirements to enable naval and maritime outcomes.
- Experience managing teams delivering digital maritime engineering outcomes as head of department with charge responsibility in a complex sea-going or similar role.
- Experience of maritime engineering ICT installation, commissioning, assurance and acceptance and associated engineering compliance.