Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The demonstrable ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Demonstrable good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
- Demonstrable sound business case development and approvals skills.
- Demonstrable good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
- Demonstrable good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Demonstrable sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- The demonstrable ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrable understanding of a range of structured programme and project management methodologies including Agile and PRINCE2.
- Demonstrable experience working on large scale technical transformation programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Policing/Security environment.
- A background in networking infrastructure.