Essential skills and experience
- Experience implementing or assessing security in a PSN network and cloud-as a service environment.
- Experience of Cyber Assurance assessments.
- Experience of working in a Policing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of security technologies and risk assessment methodologies, policies and processes.
- 4+ years’ experience working within the technical arena with 2 plus years of information security work experience.
- Solid technical background in IT systems and networking in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Knowledge &experience of: AWS (or similar) cloud security &infrastructure Web-infrastructure security (Applications &APIs) Network-security tools (IDS/IPS, firewalls etc.) Network-visualization (SD-WAN-Networks, network function virtualisation etc.)
- Encryption technology & implementation.
- SC security cleared.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools and writing risk mitigation plans resulting from the assessment.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams to further the goals and mission of the programme.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST.
- Certifications within the security area are a strong plus (CISSP, CRISC, CCSK, CCSP, GIAC or equivalent).
- Experience in the alignment of solutions with NCSC guidance.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- A bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, or Computer Science.