Essential skills and experience
- Must have extensive experience of successfully delivering information systems and management initiatives within a large organisation in a relevant sector/industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and communications skills.
- Must have at least 5 years experience of managing large complex data sets to produce business intelligence
- Must have at least 5 years experience of working on major infrastructure projects in the transport sector.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective team leadership on major IT projects within a relevant industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate awareness and practical understanding of government digital initiatives and relevant transformation strategies.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of IT systems for a variety of functions such as stakeholder engeagement, public affairs, business intelligence, financial, human resources, and major programme controls.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Commercial and contract management of a variety of different supply contracts relevant to the role.
- At least 5 years experience of adopting AGILE management techniques
- A good understanding of relevant information security and building information management standards
- Experience of governing information management bodies.
- Experience of managing/delivering information systems on pre-delivery major infrastructure projects.