Essential skills and experience
- Experience of reverse-engineering existing data sources and developing corresponding physical and logical data models.
- Experience of assessing data quality within and across existing data sources.
- Experience of identifying where and how data management can be improved.
- Experience of collaborating with stakeholders at all levels to identify strategic goals and outcomes.
- Experience of engaging with stakeholders and facilitating stakeholder workshops as required to inform the development and review of as-is physical data models.
- Ability to communicate and build rapport with staff at all levels.
- Ability to facilitate stakeholder workshops / data modelling sessions.
- Ability to reverse-engineer existing data sources and develop corresponding physical and logical data models.
- Ability to assess and assure data quality.
- Ability to apply data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment approaches.
- Ability to use a value/outcomes-based focus in their work.
- Ability to listen and paraphrase or summarise stakeholder views.
- Ability to think critically and identify assumptions and ask challenging questions with an unbiased approach.
- Ability to use and apply industry standard data modelling software appropriately.
Nice-to-have skills and experience